Given you’re never more than 10 minutes from the beach in Jersey, its worth knowing where the best one is!
St Brelade’s Bay has taken the top spot with the most papped beach on the Social media app according to our research with 5,547 photo’s featuring the hashtag #stbreladesbay. It’s not St Brelade’s Bay first accolade as it was also named recently in the Tripadvisor 2019 Traveller’s Choice Awards for Best UK Beaches. It was ranked number 3, with Bournemouth Beach taking the top spot. It’s hardly surprising it’s the islands top beach given its soft sand along with its abundance of cafes and beach entertainment for everyone to enjoy. Some of Jersey’s beaches are so idyllic, so Instagramworthy, that you just have to share it – check out our interactive map below to see where they all are!
In second place is St Ouens Bay, with 4,366 photo’s featuring the hashtag #stouensbay – with the Atlantic waves it’s a natural playground for surfers and adrenaline seekers.
Someway behind the top two, Greve de Lecq takes the third spot with 1,847 photo’s featuring the hashtag #grevedelecq with its sandy bay and rockpools making this a perfect beach to explore and play all day. Followed closely by Bouley Bay with 1,629 photo’s with the hashtag #bouleybay which has become renound as a great spot for scuba diving and is home to Bouley Bay Dive Centre.
Some visitors might be surprised that Plemont beach only managed 5th place even when you combine the hashtags #plemontbay and #plemontbeach to give a total of 1,595 photo’s featuring. Perhaps the fact it can be found off the main road at the end of a winding lane, the adventurous will discover one of the islands most striking beaches, shouldered by its high cliffs its main feature is the islands largest cave which everyone who visits can’t resit to share on Instagram.
And one of the locals favourite Portelet Bay was back down in 7th place with 1,424 photo’s featuring the hashtag #porteletbay – Given the fact its a steep walk down 128 steps down (not forgetting the 128 steps back up!) perhaps the accessability of this beach is a blessing in disguise for locals to help keep this beach one of the islands best kept secrets. Those that do make it down will be rewarded with breathtaking views, and some fascinating history of the island which is home to “Janvrin’s Tomb”, a circular tower dating back to the 1720s. When Philippe Janvrin’s ship returned from a voyage in 1721, his ship was carrying the plague and the authorities would not let him come to ashore and very soon after he died. The body was not allowed on Jersey, instead he was buried on this small island and this is his tomb.
#anneport was used 192 times on Instagram
#ouaisnebay was used 278 times on Instagram
#bonnenuitbay was used 286 times on Instagram
#grouvillebay was used 364 times on Instagram
#beauportbeach was used 709 times on Instagram
#archirondel was used 709 times on Instagram
Havre des Pas
#havredespas was used 776 times on Instagram
#rozelbay was used 834 times on Instagram
#larocque was used 1,053 times on Instagram
#porteletbay was used 1,424 time on Instagram
#staubinsbay was used 1,594 time on Instagram
#plemontbay used 1,181 times on Instagram
#plemontbeach used 414 times on Instagram
#bouleybay used 1,629 times on Instagram
Greve de Lecq
#grevedelecq used 1,847 times on Instagram
#stouensbay used 4,366 times on Instagram
#stbreladesbay used 5,547 times on Instagram
Where does your favourite beach feature? Here is the full list…
- St Brelade’s Bay #stbreladesbay was used 5,547 times on Instagram
- St Ouen’s Bay #stouensbay was used 4,366 times on Instagram
- Greve de Lecq #grevedelecq was used 1,847 times on Instagram
- Bouley Bay #bouleybay was used 1,629 times on Instagram
- Plemont #plemontbay was used 1,181 times on Instagram and #plemontbeach 414 times (total 1,595)
- St Aubin’s Bay and Marine Lake, St Aubin’s Bay #staubinsbay was used 1,594 on Instagram
- Portelet Bay #porteletbay was used 1,424 times on Instagram
- La Rocque Harbour #larocque was used 1,053 times on Instagram
- Rozel Bay #rozelbay was used 834 times on Instagram
- Havre des Pas #havredespas was used 776 times on Instagram
- Archirondel #archirondel was used 709 times on Instagram
- Beauport #beauportbeach was used 401 times on Instagram
- Grouville Bay / Long Beach #grouvillebay was used 364 times on Instagram
- Bonne Nuit #bonnenuitbay was used 286 times on Instagram
- Ouaisne Bay #ouaisnebay was used 278 times on Instagram
- Anne Port #anneport was used 192 times on Instagram
(Data collected on 25 Apr 2019. Unfortunately Green Island could not be included in the research with too many other beaches being called the same.)